In this article you will learn how SEO works and what you can do in order to make your website rank high in SEO searches. Ben Givon is not going to overwhelm you with complicated terms, so you can be sure you will learn a lot today. Let’s start with the basics and then proceed to more subtle details of SEO marketing.
SEO is how well your web resource performs when it comes to organic search results. In a nutshell, SEO drives two aspects: visibility and ranking. Ranking is the process of how search engines define where to place a given page in search results. Visibility means how important a website is in certain search engine results. Visibility can be lower and higher, depending how often a page appears for relevant web searches.
The core structure of a successful SEO campaign.
In order to optimize a website, it is important to level up the ranking in three areas, namely technical website setup, content and links. Let’s have a look at them.
- Technical setup. Perhaps, the most crucial thing to understand is that a web page looks different to you and to the search engine. You can see different graphic elements, formatted text and links. For the search engine it is nothing but text. Therefore if a search engine cannot render elements in this manner they become invisible to it. However, it is worth noting that there is another thing that search engines do just like you, and it is web crawling. They follow links, so make sure to set navigation and links as text only. Technical set-up, or also known as on-site optimization, ensures that your website allows the search engines to scan the page.
- Content. Content is present everywhere you go on the web. It comes in different formats, such as text, blog or article, as well as pictures and videos that are also considered content. The important element of content is keywords, so you should use them to attract visitors to your site who will eventually become buyers of your product or service. Another important criteria is on-page optimization. It is responsible for the search engine’s comprehension of a page’s topic and keywords, so that it can match it to relevant searches.
- Links. It should be clear that there are two essential factors when it comes to SEO – relevance and authority. In their quest for providing searchers with the most suitable answers, search engines prioritize pages they consider the most relevant to the search queries, as well as the most popular. Links are responsible for popularity and are also called backlinks. These backlinks are references to your content on other websites.
Ben Givon is here to help you enhance your strategy even further. Now when you are equipped with fundamentals of a successful SEO campaign, Ben Givon will provide a better insight into tracking and monitoring SEO results. Here are the main indicators to measure your SEO success:
- The ranking of keywords
- Conversions from organic traffic
- Time spent by users on your page
- Links growth
Now let’s talk about local SEO. Did you know that more than 90% of customers use search engines to find information about local products and services? Similar principles are at work when it comes to global and local SEO. However, let’s outline how local searches differ from global ones:
- They appear only for searchers with a local intent
- They include info relevant to a specific location
- Local searches appear more often on smartphone searches
You can manage your business listing using the service called Google My Business.
This guide is a solid base for your SEO strategy. You can bring more visitors to your website by increasing your search visibility. Ben Givon emphasizes the importance of increasing your search visibility, so you can bring more traffic to your webpage that eventually converts into sales. And this is well worth the time and effort spent in becoming an expert in SEO.